The European Rural and Isolated Practitioners Association

11th EURIPA Rural Health Forum

Welcome message

I am pleased to welcome you to attend the face-to-face 11th EURIPA Rural Health Forum which will be held in the city of Catania, in Sicily, from 6th to 8th  October 2022, with the patronage of the University of Catania School of Medicine, the Municipality of Catania and the Giotto Movement (Association of young Italian family doctors).

“What have we learnt in rural practice to prepare for the next crisis?” is our theme for the Forum.

Considering the critical period we’ve been facing with the COVID-19 pandemic, the war in Ukraine, and the lack of rural medical education and health workers in rural areas, I hope that in this Forum – together with your contributions – we will provide adequate answers to overcome the next crisis and revive “Comprehensive Primary Health Care” especially in rural and remote areas. 

For me it is a great honour to welcome you to Catania where I was born and graduated. Although I haven’t been living in Catania for many years now -  it has been a challenge to organise this event remotely as a result!

We plan to hold the entire event at the Diocesan Museum of Catania, a singular and superb venue in Piazza del Duomo, next to the St. Agatha’s Cathedral. The welcome reception and coffee breaks will take place on its terrace featuring an amazing view of the city and Mount Etna. Located in the lively historical centre, this venue is easily accessible from the International Airport (5 km).

As a blend of cultural influences earned by the arts, music, literature, cuisine and architecture of the Greek, Roman, Byzantine, Arab and Norman populations, Catania is one of the most vibrant cities of the Mediterranean. So, why don’t you come to Sicily and experience this amazing city?

Looking forward to seeing you!

“To have seen Italy without having seen Sicily is not to have seen Italy at all, for Sicily is the clue to everything.”  (Goethe)

Dr. Rosario Falanga, Organising Committee and EURIPA IAB Member for Italy

News

M T W T F S S